Be sure to read Forum Rules before posting!

Steam asks me to log in every time

Even though I checked "remember my password", Steam is asking me to log in every time I turn on my computer. Why is that?

Comments

• Hello Gira, first of all, Congrats on the site. About your problem, I would suggest you things to try that MAY solve the problem: -Uncheck then recheck "don't store credentials on this computer" , -Check if there is any startup program that may block steam correct startup process, -Do you have multiple accounts and you usually use them on the same pc? This as well may be causing the problem. - And finally, if nothing works, try searching and deleting the following files in steam directory, "clientregistry.blob" Hope that you'll find this helpful, and if none worked, please feel free to post or text me so I'll try to assist you further solving this problem
  • M_Charbel wrote: »
    Hello Gira, first of all, Congrats on the site. About your problem, I would suggest you things to try that MAY solve the problem: -Uncheck then recheck "don't store credentials on this computer" , -Check if there is any startup program that may block steam correct startup process, -Do you have multiple accounts and you usually use them on the same pc? This as well may be causing the problem. - And finally, if nothing works, try searching and deleting the following files in steam directory, "clientregistry.blob" Hope that you'll find this helpful, and if none worked, please feel free to post or text me so I'll try to assist you further solving this problem

I'm gonna try those stuff latter. Will let you know! Thanks!
    Hello Gira, first of all, Congrats on the site. About your problem, I would suggest you things to try that MAY solve the problem: -Uncheck then recheck "don't store credentials on this computer" , -Check if there is any startup program that may block steam correct startup process, -Do you have multiple accounts and you usually use them on the same pc? This as well may be causing the problem. - And finally, if nothing works, try searching and deleting the following files in steam directory, "clientregistry.blob" Hope that you'll find this helpful, and if none worked, please feel free to post or text me so I'll try to assist you further solving this problem

It doesn't work. I tried checking and uncheking "don't store credentials", there's no any program preventing Steam startup, and I tried deliting clientregistry.blob. It didn't work. Then I tried deleting lot of files, and run Stema.exe for an update. It updated it well, recovered all files, but still nothing :/
  • edited August 3
    Gira wrote: »
    It doesn't work. I tried checking and uncheking "don't store credentials", there's no any program preventing Steam startup, and I tried deliting clientregistry.blob. It didn't work. Then I tried deleting lot of files, and run Stema.exe for an update. It updated it well, recovered all files, but still nothing :/

Hello again :D , try to lunch steam with "remember password" off, once it loads, exit steam, check "remember password", login, then restart your PC. If this doesn't work, I would suggest you to navigate to "C:\Users\*your user account*\AppData\Local" and delete Steam file. it was reported that this procedure helped solving some users login problem, but after a "slight "inspect of its elements, I didn't find anything related, but feel free to try, maybe it will work. Keep us updated!!!
    Gira wrote: »

Hello again :D , try to lunch steam with "remember password" off, once it loads, exit steam, check "remember password", login, then restart your PC. If this doesn't work, I would suggest you to navigate to "C:\Users\*your user account*\AppData\Local" and delete Steam file. it was reported that this procedure helped solving some users login problem, but after a "slight "inspect of its elements, I didn't find anything related, but feel free to try, maybe it will work. Keep us updated!!!

Still nothing. It also asks me to log into ASF every time :/